Followers

Sunday 22 January 2012

Handmade Christmas - Door Hangers

Well I'm still trying to catch up on my blog posts and today I would like to share a couple of Christmas presents that I made as additional gifts.  Earlier in the year I made a door hanger for my craft room after which my eldest Niece asked where hers was, and so the idea was born.

The first door hanger was for my youngest Niece who is 6.  This one was easy as she just loves 'Hello Kitty'.  I wasn't organised enough to find scrapbooking paper so instead I used a sheet of wrapping paper and a gift tag.  I added some Bazzill cardstock, Ribbon, Gems, Rock Candy, Stickles, Glossy Accents.  Next I cut a Cuttlebug Flower die and added a Stampin'Up flower fastener in the middle. The letters were cut using the Tim Holtz Vintage Market die.
Secondly I created one for my Nephew who turned 14 at New Year.  I didn't want anything fussy or the usual teenage boy toxic look, so instead I used the Bo Bunny Blast Off paper along with Bazzill cardstock. I also used Tim Holtz Distress inks, stamps, Glossy Accents, Rock Candy.  The letters were just some left over in my stash.
The third one was for my eldest Niece who turned 17 just before Christmas.  I wanted something girlie and although I used lots of my favourite Tim Holtz products, I decided to go for a pink and brown theme.  I used PaperArtsy stamps for the background, Tim Holtz Distress inks, a Tim Holtz stamp for the sentiment.  The die cuts are Tim Holtz Tattered Florals, Tattered Leaves and Butterfly.  The heart border punch is Martha Stewart.  I also used a Tim Holtz Journaling tag, Tissue Tape, small Paperclip, Safety Pin and Filmstrip plus some Gems, Ribbons, pins and a button.
Lastly, I made one for my best friend.  Basically I used the same design and materials as for the door hanger created for my eldest Niece but I tried to change it a little with the sentiment etc.
Thanks for looking.
Tracey x

2 comments:

  1. They are all so different and you have made them so beautifully! Lucky people M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the variety of hangers you made,and love the one you made me too. I will be stealing the inking up embossing folder images for a project soon.

    nance x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x