Followers

Sunday 12 February 2012

Altered Wooden Block

So February was Carol's (http://kraftypieces.blogspot.com/) turn to set the Bramford Crop girls challenge and she presented us each with a small wooden block.  Each side measured 1.5 inches and mine was blue and a bit battered.

I spent quite a while trying to decide what to do with it and my first idea was to cover it in paint and to go from there.  In the end I decided against painting and instead for the base I first covered all of the edges with Tim Holtz Tissue Tape. Next I cut 6 squares from White card stock, 6 smaller squares from Brown Bazzill Card Stock and finally 6 even smaller squares from the Basic Grey Basics range.  I  rounded the corners and inked the edges.  I glued the first 2 layers but before adding the final layer I ran some Stampin'Up Twine around the block. 

The for the top I asked my boyfriend to help me push a Tim Holtz Memo Pin into the block.  I stamped a Tim Holtz saying onto a ticket puched out of Kraft card stock, inked the edges and placed it in the memo pin.  For thetop of the block I added a piece of lace and covered it with 3 white flowers which I inked tomake them brown and finally I added a dress pin and some glimmer mist for a little bit of sparkle.

For the front I added a clock face and a Tim Holtz game spinner.

For this side I stapled Tim Holtz film strip ribbon using the tiny attacher and on top added 3 buttons through which I had threadedand knotted some twine.

For the back I cut out a flower in Stampin'Up papers using a set of Cuttlebug dies.  I inked the edges and used a Stampin'Up flower brad to hold it together

For the final side I punched a Brown base using the Stampin'Up Scallop punch.  Next I stamped a small Tim Holtz cinema ticket on Kraft card stock, added a Tim Holtz Mini paperclip and covered it with sepia accents.  I also added a gem.

Unfortunately I wasn't there for the Crop last Saturday and handed over my block a few weeks ago.   I took the photos prior to handing it over but didn't download the pictures until later and sadly these are not the best photos I've ever taken so apologies that they are a little blurry.

At the moment. I'm not sure who received my block but I hope they enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed creating it.  I really loved this challenge and was really pleased with the finished piece.

Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

3 comments:

  1. Fab block Tracey with loads of different elements great piece. Janet got your block and you got mine (on my blog if you haven 't seen it), x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block Tracey, I found it hard as well, but loved my finial piece. I will blog mine later in the week.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey,so pleased I got your block,you know I hoped I would get it, & I DID !!!!!
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x