Followers

Sunday 26 February 2012

March Crop Challenge - Wooden frame

I have spent a very enjoyable morning in my craft room as next week is the March Bramford Crop.  This month's challenge was set by Karen (http://daisymaycreates.blogspot.com/) and we were each given a 6x6 inch wooden frame to alter.  To start with I wondered what to do and looked at several different techniques described in the Craft Stamper magazine.  All I knew was that I wanted to use my newly purchased Artistic Outpost London Underground stamp set.

I started off by painting the edges of the frame with the Ranger Snow Cap Acrylic Paint Dauber.  Next a cut a piece of white card stock just smaller that the frame itself, rounded the corners and cut the centre out plus one small strip for my sentiment.  I stamped the white card with each of the stamps in the set except for the 'Keep calm and carry on' which I stamped in the middle of the card I cut out of the centre.  I used Tim Holtz Barn Door and Faded Jeans Distress Inks on both pieces but left some of the white card showing through.  Next I spritzed some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Marshmallow, Sapphire and Black Cherry.  Once happy with my outside piece I distresses the edges of the card stock and covered the entire piece with Ranger Distress Crackle Paint Rock Candy.  Next I cut a piece of corrugated cardboard and stuck this to the frame using Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium.  I also painted the Multi-Medium over the top of the Rock Candy and rubbed a small amount of Ranger Perfect Pearls - Perfect Copper in the top corner.  To finish my centre piece I wound some Stampin'Up Linen Thread round the bottom of my 'Keep calm and carry on' sentiment and placed this square behind the glass.  I attached a crown charm to some twine and glued this to the cardboard so that it hangs above the sentiment but on top of the glass.  Finally I glued the main stamped frame to the corrugated cardboard and I used foam tape to give some depth to my 'London calling...' sentiment.

Normally I wouldn't post my finished challenge piece until the day after the crop but most of the other girls have posted early so here is my finished frame: 
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

2 comments:

  1. very nice love it. Great use of the stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the frame and love the Stamps, I might need to stamp one of the Keep Calm ones!!

    See you Saturday

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x