Followers

Sunday 27 May 2012

Feeling Patriotic

A few months ago I ordered the Artistic Outpost London Underground Stamp set from Happy Daze.  I have to say that I absolutely love these stamps and with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and London 2012 just around the corner this theme remains on trend.  My first project was an altered frame for the Bramford Crop challenge, (see 26 February post).

Looking on the Happy Daze website a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the May blog challenge is 'May Queen'.  The instructions for taking part said: 'As it's the Diamond Jubilee next month for the may challenge we have a queenly theme. Think Maypole to welcome in the season of new growth, go patriotic and be Red, White and Blue, or just add a simple crown. Interpret the theme as you see it and what it means to you. But the main thing is to enjoy yourself and make something lovely to share with us for the challenge this month.  So I have decided to go patriotic with my mini easel. 

To create my background canvas colours I used Tim Holtz distress inks blue jeans and barn door.  Next I stamped the flag using a black archival ink pad and lastly added gold Ariondack acrylic paint dabber in the top corner.

I used the same colour ink pads on a smaller piece of card and stamped the sentiment, again in black.  I then used Ranger distress crackle paint - clear rock candy to cover the whole card.  I matted it onto white card stock and attached it to the canvas using double sided sticky foam.  Finally I attached a silver crown charm also from Happy Daze using Glossy Accents.

This is my first time participating in an online challenge, so now to work out how to upload my blog post to the website.  Hopefully I'll manage to join in each month going forward.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

3 comments:

  1. Loving how this turned out, the colourings are great and loving that gorgeous crown. Thank you for playing along with us at Happy Daze, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congraulations Tracy, you were drawn as the lucky winner of the Gift Voucher for Happy Daze. Have a look at the blog announcement for details of how to claim your prize. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your win Tracey, it's a great creation!
    Have a lovely Jubilee weekend,
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x