Followers

Sunday 30 September 2012

Time Travel

There is a new challenge blog called Steampunk Junkies, they hold fortnightly challenges with the current theme being 'Time Travel/Anything Goes' for the second challenge.  I have decided to have ago and decided to combine it with the September Bramford Crop challenge which was set by Janet and consisted of a round green metal tag on a ball chain which reminds me of something you'd put on your suitcase so fits perfectly to the challenge.

It is also worth noting that they are having a DT call at the moment so stop by and check them out.  I am very tempted myself but haven't done anything like this before and not sure whether to take the plunge and apply (I need to decide before linking this post though!).  This is only my second steampunk project and there are some great applicants already!

I decided to leave the tag as it is and cut a circle from Tim Holtz kraft resist paper stash to fit just inside the raised ridge of the tag, I coloured the card stock with Tim Holtz Distress ink and stamped PaperArtsy cogs/gears using the same ink and covered a couple of the cogs with glossy accents.  I removed the ball chain and created a large cog out of the kraft card stock and adhered it to brown card stock just bigger than the first layer, I then went round the insider of the cog arms with a brown pen and attached it to the back of the tag using glossy accents.  When reattaching the ball chain I added a Tim Holtz fastener so that the chain sat the same way as the tag.  During September I created a chunky ATC called 'Steampunkery' for the monthly challenge over at the Happy Daze Design Team Blog and used all of my Tim Holtz sprocket gears and other metal findings such as my wings so I had to be inventive and create my own wing from a piece of kraft card stock.  Once drawn and inked I covered the piece with rock candy.  Next I stamped an appropriate Tim Holtz sentiment again on to craft card stock, inked the edges, covered with a piece of clear packaging tape and mounted on to brown card stock.  I stamped a Tim Holtz clock and covered the image with a metal clock charm and a Tim Holtz game spinner.  Finally I attached the sentiment and wing with glossy accent and the clock with silicone glue to provide some depth to the tag.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey,I luv your metal tag & I'm pleased to see you put DT on your entry good luck.Hope to see you next Saturday & of course on the 10th Nov.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great - love the texture!
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x