Followers

Thursday 20 September 2012

Tree and or Leaves

Another day of my week off work and another chance to get my crafting mojo on, this time with a project for the September Tando Creative Challenge.  This month the challenge is Tree and or Leaves.

For this challenge I have used a Tim Holtz Tag die cut in white card stock.  I then spritzed the tag using Dylusions spray inks and created Dyan's ghosting technique using one of the Dylusions stencils and water.  Once the background was dry (which I helped along with my heat tool), I outlined the circles with a sparkle gold gel pen and spritzed Tattered Angels marshmallow glimmer mist. Next I stamped the Kanban tree using embossing ink and covered it with black embossing powder before heating to set the image.  I stamped Dylusions leaves twice at the top of the tag in black ink and outlined the leaves with a white gel pen.  I then stamped one more set of Dylusions leaves on to kraft card stock, cut the leaves out and then placed on top of one of the stamped images using foam pads.  I covered the decoupage leaves with rock candy and once dry highlighted with the white gel pen.  At the bottom of the tag I used a Dylusions stencil to draw the outline of the small leaves, doodled with black and white pens and then outlined with the sparkle gold pen.  I found a sentiment on the internet 'Autumn is a second spring when every flower is a leaf' which I wrote in black pen on kraft card stock, I cut out each word and attached to the tag and covered in glossy accents.  Finally I distressed the edges of the tag, added stickles to the centre of each shape on the tree and threaded a dark brown ribbon through the tag.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x