Followers

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Altered Light Bulb / Christmas Decoration

I can't believe that it's already week 3 of the Out of a Hat Creations Christmas in October and this week's challenge is to create a Christmas Decoration.  I am combining this challenge with the December Bramford Crop girl's swap which was set by Nancy and is a light bulb.

I started by adding alcohol ink to the glass and silver screw fixing of the light bulb and next using Claudine Hellmuth matt multi-medium covered the coloured glass with a white mulberry paper with a gold fleck and then added another coat of multi-medium on top making the paper transparent before sprinkling chunky gold glitter on top.  I added a torn strip of mulberry paper around the middle of the bulb and covered it with a gold ribbon tied in a bow.  I added a sentiment handwritten on white cardstock and covered with glossy accents.  Finally I added several punched snowflakes with a blob of gold stickles in the middle and wire to hang the bulb.

Running out of daylight hours at home, I had to take the finished piece to work today to try and get a photo during daylight without my flash...bring back summer please!
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Tracey you have worked really hard on it. Thanks for sharing it at the Hatters this week . We
    Love to see what you make.

    Best wishes Chrissie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic project Tracy. Beautifully altered and fab ideas. Our Janet was talking about light bulbs a couple of weeks ago. Are you in the same group? Great to have you joining in the fun again this week. Thank you for sharing with the Hatters.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Florence, yes I attend the same crop as Janet and I joined the 'Bramford Girls' challenge / swap group at that crop. x

      Delete
  3. OMG Tracey your light bulb is Fantastic I love it as a christmas decoration,thanks for sharing with us at Out of a Hat
    Janet x
    (I haven't done mine yet !!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely. Still keep looking at mine might have a go at it today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x