Followers

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Spooky Altered Bottle

Wow, this is my 50th blog post already and I have to say that it has been a lot of fun joining the world of crafty bloggers.  So much talent, inspiration, lovely new people and my blog list is huge.

Anyway, I had an unexpected evening at home last night as the once a month Stampin'Up card class run by my friend was cancelled.  Well this opportunity to craft didn't pass me by as all week I have wanted to take part in the Out of a Hat Creations challenge 27 to 'Decorate a Bottle or Jar'.  I already had a glass swing-top bottle which I found at my Dad's house about a year ago but I've never come up with the idea of what to do with it...until last night that is!

I started by covering the bottle with different size strips of Ranger metal foil tape, this was my first time using this product and I have to admit that I didn't try the rivet markings this time but instead just made line marks across the joints.  Next I covered the metal tape with black Adirondack acrylic paint and once it had dried a little I removed some of the paint again using kitchen roll to get an aged and distressed look.  Finally I covered the metal tape with Rock Candy and left it to dry.  I embellished the bottle by adding a thin strip of metal round the neck in order to give a clean finish to the top of the metal foil tape, added Tim Holtz film strip with a black stone at each end and a Tim Holtz timepiece with 2 spinners as my main focal point.  I decided that my bottle looked unfinished so I tied 3 pieces of ribbon to one side of the swing mechanism, stamped a Dylusions spider on to shrink plastic and attached it to the other side.  I then attached another piece of ribbon around the top of the bottle neck.  To finish my project I thought the Stampotique face would look brilliant, I also stamped the appropriate spooky date and covered both pieces in rock candy crackle paint.  Once the 2 pieces were dry I attached them to a kebab stick which I had painted black.  I stood the stick in the bottle holding it in place with a piece of  black netting.

I am also going to enter this piece into the following monthly challenges that I participate in:
Inspiration Emporium Spooktacular Decorations
Happy Daze Design Team Something Wicked This Way Comes
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

12 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy, Fantastic project. Love the foil tape you have used. Great effects. Really enjoyed reading how you made this. Thank you so much for sharing with the Hatters again this week.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is so cool. I love how you used the metal foil sheets for this bottle! And congrats on your 50th blogpost! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tracey
    Fabulous altered bottle,like how you have used the metal sheets & "Clover" is the perfect stamp to go with it.
    Congrats on your 50th blogpost.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Out of a Hat
    see you saturday
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Tracey, love that silver bottle. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy bloggaversary!Great article
    Why not join in on Blogtoberfest? Post every day in October. Quite a challenge! M xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just back from a holiday so missed this last week Tracey. It is just terrific with a lot to see for sure.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Out of a Hat

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific project, loving your spooky bottle. Thank you for playing along with us at Happy Daze, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I love altered bottles and yours is brilliant, thanks for taking the time to join in with us at Happy Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found you at the Inspiration Journal. This altered bottle is fantastic. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's brilliant!Congratulations on your 50th post. I'm now following to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw you at Inspiration Journal, what a fun and funky altered bottle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x