Followers

Sunday 4 November 2012

Steampunk Masquerade Mask

I have had this project in my mind for a while now and I finally got a chance to create it a couple of weekends ago.  I have been wanting to blog this post ever since but couldn't as it was for a masked 40th party I attended last night.  I am entering my mask into the The Artistic Stamper Creative Team November Challenge which is 'Anything Goes'.

I started by covering a cheap paper mache mask base with Tim Holtz terminology tissue wrap paper using Claudine Hellmuth matt multi-medium.  Next I spritzed the mask with chocolate Dylusions ink spray and then rubbed Adirondack gold paint dabber over the top of the dry ink to give a more metallic look.  I then stamped PaperArtsy cogs on opposite sides diagonally and added some Lakeland gold mesh in the opposite diagonal corners, and once complete I covered the mask base with multi-medium.  To embellish I used a 7 Gypsies spy glass, Tim Holtz spinner, sprockets and gears, foliage plus small watch parts and other various charms including a wing, I also added all of these with glossy accents.  I attached a clock charm to the spy glass.  Finally I punched 2 holes on each side, added eyelets and threaded ribbon through so that the mask can be attached to my glasses.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

4 comments:

  1. wow Tracey your mask is terrific am sure a lot of people at the party admired it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great steaming feel and a fab creation ! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful-I love everything about this mask

    Best wishes

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing work of art!! So much better in real life - and wearing it!
    Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x