Followers

Sunday 6 January 2013

A Birthday Card for Tim Holtz!

I have been watching the goings on over at Studio L3 for a long time now and as you all know I am a huge Tim Holtz and Ranger Ink fan and although I have not found the time to play along in the Compendium of Curiosities challenges, the current one is the finale: 'A birthday card for Tim Holtz' who celebrates his birthday tomorrow.  Now how could I pass this one by and I hope that Tim has a wonderful birthday, he really does deserve to enjoy a great day!!!!

I decided to use the techniques for Texture Fade and Kraft Resist on my card and have to admit that my finished card is much darker than I intended but it does reflect my love of brown, grunge and all things Tim!

I started with a piece of the kraft resist paper stash to make my card base and inked the edges with brushed corduroy distress ink.  Next I put a piece of plain kraft card stock through my big shot inside the steampunk texture fade embossing folder and inked with the brushed corduroy, gathered twigs, barn door, mustard seed and faded jeans distress inks.  I then cut 2 strips of the kraft resist and inked with the same colours and stamped the smaller piece with the curiosity stamp in black.  I added a brad and attached both pieces to the side of my card.  I attached a length of film strip across the bottom with my tiny attacher then stamped the admit one ticket onto kraft card stock, inked and covered with rock candy crackle paint and attached to the card using double sided foam.  I stamped my main sentiment onto kraft glassine, inked the edges and crumpled the paper before placing on the card.  I attached a 'January' month from the tissue tape to kraft card stock, inked and attached to the background with a mini paperclip.  Finally I added the happy birthday sentiment and used the district market die to cut out Tim's name and covered with glossy accents.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

5 comments:

  1. Tracey, I'm so happy you're joined in! This is a FABULOUS card, and I know Tim is going to be delighted.

    Thanks so much for being part of the birthday card challenge!

    xo,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card. I love the end result of all the blended colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I have to remember to break out my Kraft glassine more often. It looks fabulous on this amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Tim card Tracey.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x