Followers

Sunday 20 January 2013

'C' is for Creative

The second letter in the The Craft Barn alpha challenge is 'C' and I immediately knew that I wanted to use the word 'Creative'.  I am finding this challenge difficult as Creative journaling is something I have always wanted to try and although I have a Dylusions journal I haven't felt confident enough to start the first page yet and I think that if there is one thing this challenge is teaching me, it's that I need to practice so hopefully I'll find my way by the last letter!!

As with the first challenge, I started with the 6x7 inch white card stock base and punched the 2 holes to the right this time.  I glued down my torn out dictionary page and then spritzed the whole piece with water before using a number of Dylusions spray inks, this time remembering to cover my word so that it didn't get covered in ink.  I edged the whole page with Tim Holtz gathered twigs distress ink.  Next I used PaperArtsy background stamps, firstly mini 56 (cup stains) which I stamped in black ink.  Next I stamped the mini 57 (ink splats) in embossing powder and heated in black embossing powder.  I also used the Tim Holtz Creativity stamp plus the same alphabet as the last page.  Now I'm not good a drawing but have attempted a side view of a head to which I added bleach inside and then words associated to my chosen word.  I also drew a light bulb with a question mark inside and I covered it with Ranger rock candy stickles.  I added splats of Tim Holtz picket fence distress stain and added a section over which I added my statement on black card stock.  I punched some jigsaw pieces and added a letter from the word to each piece before attaching to the page.  Finally I added doodles using black and white pens and covered the dictionary word with glossy accents.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

16 comments:

  1. Wow! this is fabulous - and I think you should start your Dylusions journal, be brave, you have nothing to fear! (having said that I was scared to start mine, but took a deep breath and went for it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page... still trying to pick my word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you are on the ball Tracey and this is a great page and a wonderful word to chose.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page, I love the puzzle pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go and get that Dylusions Journal now! You are more than worthy to work in it my lovely! This is outstanding! Thank you for joining us again over at The Craft Barn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous "creative" page great colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great and totally crazy page - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Visiting from the Alpha Challenge - I don't think you need to be nervous about starting your journal at all!! Wonderful work here :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous 'colour fix' of a page Tracy, great work. Lol be brave sweetie, that journals calling you!!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page ... and I agree ... start that journal now ... there's no right or wrong ... you be YOU ... and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's cool - very creative, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well, you are doing amazing I must say. Like the right and left side of the brain on your page. Nice detail.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours andallthe detail a very creative page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x