Followers

Thursday 24 January 2013

Favourite Stamp

The January challenge at The Artistic Stamper Creative Team is 'Favourite Stamp'.  Well this is a very difficult one as I have so many stamps that I love and would consider my favourites so I am going to show you a board book I have altered recently using a number of my favourite stamps.

I started by removing the glossy pages leaving just the paper book and then cut paper from the Basic Grey basics manilla paper stack to size and once glued in place I covered each pair of pages with different Dylusions ink sprays before dropping and spritzing water on to them.  Once each page was stamped and highlights added in black and Sakura white gel pens I covered them with Claudine Hellmuth matte multi-medium to make the book durable.

For the front cover I used a selection of stamps from Tim Holtz.
For page 1 and 2 I used a creative expression stencils with Claudine Hellmuth gesso, plus a Dylusions stencil and stamps.
Page 3 and 4 contains my favourite background stamps PaperArtsy mini 56 cup stains and 57 ink splats plus Prima brick wall, and Kaisercraft bubble wrap. I have also used a creative expression chicken wire stencil on this page.
Page 5 and 6 is the turn of Stampotique with a Dylusions sentiment stamp plus some circles made from Ranger adirondack pitch black and snow cap acrylic paint added to the page with the lid.
 Page 7 and 8 includes stamps the lovely water droplets stamp from Ryn, the Hampton Art time flies set, PaperArtsy mini 60 cogs, and a key I received as a gift.
 For the back page I used Tim Holtz stamps again.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

4 comments:

  1. You are so talented Tracey. I'd love you to teach me how to use distress inks one day if you have the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of the stamps and inks Tracey. A really terrific little book for sure.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous layering of colours! Trace. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chosen favourites have made a lovely book ;) Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x