Followers

Monday 28 January 2013

Steampunk Time Flies/Clock Tag

Challenge 44 at Out of a hat creations is 'Clocks' and a few months ago I purchased a new set of stamps by Hampton Art called time flies as I just love the lady with the cog hair, it also has a lovely flying clock. 

I started off with a white card stock tag cut from the Tim Holtz tag die and then added Claudine Hellmuth matte multi-medium covered with Tim Holtz tissue tape rucked up (as in the 12 tags tutorial). Next I ran the tag through my big shot inside the Tim Holtz steampunk texture fade and then spritzed the tag with Dylusions inks and once dry rubbed my gold and silver Ranger adirondack paint dabbers to give the tag a metallic shine. To embellish I added a strip of Tim Holtz film strip using the Tim Holtz tiny attacher. I painted a Tim Holtz weathered clock with the black paint dabber and covered with glossy accents and added black Ranger stickles to the hands before attaching to the tag using a black brad. I stamped a Tim Holtz saying and two of the Hampton Art stamps on to kraft card stock and used distress inks edge. I edged the tag and each stamped piece with black Ranger adirondack paint dabber and highlighted the inside the edge of the tag and saying with my white Sakura gel pen. I covered the face and clock with Ranger crackle paint rock candy and added stardust stickles to the wings of the clock. To add dimension I attached the clock and words using double sided foam tape and added a black ribbon to finish.
Thanks for looking!
Tracey x

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tag Tracey and a brilliant post saying how you made it

    So nice to have you join in with us at the Hatters again this week

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a fabulous tag Tracey you have used so many techniques to make it look so good and I love those stamps. Thanks for joining us at the Hatters. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific clock tag Tracey,like your new stamps.
    Thanks for joining us at Out of a Hat
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, it's much appreciated as I'd love to hear what you think of my creations! x